I Can't Knit Socks

Fairly new to knitting, the ever popular knitted sock continues to frustrate and confuse me.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Weasley Sweater

I've cast on for another Weasley Sweater, but this time its for me! I'm hoping to have it done by November 21 - for the opening of the next Harry Potter movie, The Half Blood Prince!



I am using Rowan Felted Tweed in the colorway "sigh". I bought this yarn on ebay specifically for this sweater after I read on Allison's blog http://allison.knitsmiths.us/ that this is the yarn that she used, but then when I got her book "Charmed Knits" www.amazon.com/dp/0470067, I found that the pattern was writted in a heavier weight yarn. I have never tried to adjust a pattern to use a smaller guage yarn, so I was very dissapointed that I was not going to be able to start the sweater.
Recently, I Allison on Ravelry and I wrote her with my dilema. She wrote me back :) (I have been following her blog for awhile now and I felt like I was writing to a celebrity). Anyway, she directed me to an older post on her blog where she had written the pattern in this very yarn! http://allison.knitsmiths.us/pattern_weasley.html Needles to say, I cast on to my size 5 needles right away!

ETA: My links above aren't working. If anyone reading this can tell what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

No comments: