I Can't Knit Socks

Fairly new to knitting, the ever popular knitted sock continues to frustrate and confuse me.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas knits

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My pictures uploaded in the opposite order of how I wanted them to, so we will start out with a pic of my sweet boys. Rarely do they all sit still and look forward long enough for me to snap a picture!

On to Christmas knits. I started a new teaching job this year and work primarily with 3 other teachers. They received their first of many hand knitted items from me. Unfortunately, two of the scarves were gifted before I took a picture, but they were all just like this one, just different colors. I used Vanna's Choice yarn, with#8 circulars. The pattern is just a basic 2x2 rib.

Lastly is my sisters scarf. She asked for a "black scarf" with no other requirements. I didn't want to give her just a plain old back scarf, so I found this pattern on Ravelry and attempted cables for the first time! It wasn't hard at all and I enjoyed learning a new skill. The pattern is Irish Hiking Scarf . Again, I used Vanna's Choice yarn (money is tight this year) and#7 circulars and random kneedles, hair pins and even straws and cable kneedles.


She did ask for tassles, which is another thing that I had never tried. I followed instructions from my Charmed Knits book. They were not hard to do, but I think I put in too many. My sister liked it, so that is all that matter.





1 comment:

Gone to Find Myself said...

I'd be glad to help you knit socks. It will be long distance I am sure as I live in NC. But we can do it with you there and me here.
I teach knitting on Tuesday evenings. It is my belief that if you can knit and purl you can knit anything. I am 61 years old and have been knitting since 9 years of age.
Contact me at lickstone@gmail.com and we'll begin. Sweaters after that and hand knit coats immediately following the sweaters.
I have a pattern that is great for socks which I'll email to you.
Get on your mark, get set, run!